Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students:
This is a reminder that tomorrow Friday, May 22nd is a non attendance day for students.
In May, students took the New York City Performance Assessments in ELA, Social Studies and Grades 6 and 7 Science. The New York City Performance Assessments are utilized as a measure of student learning. All exams will need to be scored in-house and completed by June 5th.
Due to the testing and the grading that will need to occur, the school has applied for and was granted a day of non-attendance for students on Friday, May 22, 2015.
A detailed letter went home last week.
Important Graduation Information:
ALL GRADUATES MUST ARRIVE AT NEW UTRECHT BY 8:00 ON THE MORNING OF Wednesday, June 24th, 2015.
The following items are PROHIBITED; students cannot carry them during the ceremony:
- Book-bags, purses, or any other bag/carrier
- Phones (or any other electronic devices)
- Flowers (wrist corsage is okay-nothing can be pinned to the gown)
All students must wear appropriate attire suitable for the significance of the occasion.
- Must wear the red tie that they were given as well as a COLLARED shirt (white looks best).
- Must wear dress pants and dress shoes.
- NO JEANS!
- NO SNEAKERS!
- No flip-flops.
- White collar must be attached to the graduation gown before graduation day.
- Wear shoes that you can walk in. (It is recommended that shoes are broken in beforehand. Practice walking with them on cement so they are not slippery.)
Graduation Gowns will be distributed Monday, June 22, 2015
2 Graduation tickets per family will be distributed Monday, June 22, 2015 during graduation rehearsal.
We do not recommend small children attend, but if they do they need a ticket.
If your child is absent, anyone on the blue cards can pick up tickets Monday, June 22 between 2:30-3:30.
KEEP YOUR CHILD READING NOW,
ALL SUMMER, AND BEYOND
click on attachment
MAY 28th, 2015
PTA ELECTIONS AND SLT ELECTIONS
Nomination forms went home in April.
Call Mrs. Kelly, the Parent Coordinator. Please get involved.
PLEASE COME TO ALL PTA MEETINGS.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
TO REACH MARGO KELLY,
THE PARENT COORDINATOR,
YOU CAN EMAIL HER AT
or call 718 833-9363 ext 5590
YDR’s SONYC(SUMMER) Program Has Been Cancelled.
It is relocated to Shallow.
If you have any QUESTIONS
Contact Takia French, Program Director, at 347-702-7155 for details.