COVID Response Page
2020-2021 School Year
Remote Learning will begin Wednesday, September 16th for ALL students. The week of September 21st, all Cohorts will be fully remote and follow their scheduled Meets which will be posted by your teachers in your Google Classroom.
- 6th grade students are to enter through the 80th Street door and go into the auditorium
- 7th grade students enter through the inner courtyard
- 8th grade through the 81st Street cafeteria door
The first day for in-person learning for the Amazing Knights (Cohort A,) will be Tuesday, September 29th-Cohorts B & C will be remote.
The first day for in-person learning for the Brilliant Knights (Cohort B) will be Wednesday, September 30th-Cohorts A & C will be remote.
The first day for in-person learning for the Clever Knights (Cohort C) will be Thursday, October 1st-Cohorts A & B will be remote.
The days will continue to rotate from there. We can't wait to see everyone back in the building!
Social Emotional Learning
Remote Learning Links
- All classrooms are equipped with hand sanitizer stations.
- PPE is available
- Random temperature checks will be done for students upon entering the building
- Students will remain in their classrooms for the duration of the school day with the exception of Art and Physical Education
- Grab-and-go breakfast will be available daily. Students will also be having lunch in their classroom. They are welcome to bring their own lunch or they can get a grab-and-go lunch from the school cafeteria. There is no "hot lunch."
Remote & Blended Learning Expectations
Fully remote students will received 3 days of live synchronous instruction per week and asynchronous instruction on the reverse days for each major subject. Every student MUST complete an attendance form which will be sent daily through Operoo. This must be filled out during the school day.
Blended students will attend school every three days for live synchronous instruction. Blended remote students will receive asynchronous instruction from their teachers on the days their cohort is home. Blended remote students will also be expected to fill out the Remote Attendance on the days they are not present in school.
School Model for the 2020-2021 School Year
Based on the Parent Survey results, our school will be implementing Model 3A.
Model 3: Six day rotation with one to two days per week, three in-person student groups
- This model assumes that a school can serve at any given time at least a third of students who choose in-person learning.
- Because this model does not provide consistency in the day of the week students are in school, the is model is only for middle and high schools and not elementary schools.
- In this model, there are three in-person student groups and one fully remote student group.
- This model uses a six day rotation, allowing students to receive in-person learning two days and remote learning four days in a six day cycle. Students will participate in remote learning for non-in person days.
- Model 3 A: students attend in-person on an alternating cycle so students will be in-person once every three days.
- Model 3 B: students attend in-person two days in a row on an alternating cycle so students will be in-person for two days and remote for four days.
- Students whose families choose fully remote learning will receive remote instruction every day.
Program Model 3A/3B