Promotional Criteria for 8th grade students for the 2016-2017 school year is as follows:
- Students must score a Level 2 or higher on both the NYS Math and Language Arts (ELA) Exams
- Students must pass all four major subjects; ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies.
Students must meet the criteria above in order to be promoted to high school.
Additionally, attendance at the graduation ceremony is a privilege and earned through meeting the promotional criteria and good behavior. Students may be prohibited from attending the graduation ceremony and other senior activities (e.g. dances, trips, student faculty games, etc.) due to disciplinary issues, attendance or lateness.
Criteria for attending ALL GRADE trips/field day/senior activities are as follows:
- Students must have Excellent (E) or Satisfactory (S) conduct each quarter.
- No more than six (6) absences or lateness per quarter (absent notes are considered)
- Students with poor conduct/referrals are not permitted to attend.
- Academic success in subject areas
Any questions, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Mrs. Kelly, at 718-833-9363 ext. 1071. Together, let's make this a successful year for all of our 8th grade students.