WELCOME BACK PARENTS AND STUDENTS!
The first day of school is Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 9, 2013
Grade Orientations will be on September 16th, 2015 More information to follow
INCOMING 6TH GRADE STUDENTS:
REPORT TO THE AUDITORIUM AT THE
80th STREET SIDE DOOR by 8:00AM (doors open 7:45)
Please check out the supply list for supplies and line-up
6th Grade DISMISSAL
Students will be dismissed into the courtyard
DO NOT BLOCK THE EXIT DOORS.
7th and 8th Graders will be dismissed from all doors
SEPTEMBER 8th & 9th, 2015 (8:00am-2:00pm)
- Child’s birth certificate or passport as proof of age
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- Required Proof of NYC Residence (any two of the following):*
- Utility bill (gas or electric) for the residence issued by National Grid (formerly Keyspan), Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority (for the Rockaways); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days
- Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- Current property tax bill for the residence
- Official payroll document from an employer (example: payroll receipt); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address (example: document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)); must be dated within the past 60 days
* If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit (see Chancellor’s Regulation A-101
, page 20
Bus DISTANCE FROM RESIDENCE TO SCHOOL.docx
For incoming 6th grade students- Bus Information
You will be able to check on this site after August 24th, 2015 (make sure you have your child's OSIS # or ID # it is on report cards.
USE OPT code/ATS code 20k201
Which bus route has my child been assigned? If you know your child's student ID and birthday, you can get the answer to this and other questions on the Transportation Search Page.
If you don't know your child's student ID, call The Office of Pupil Transportation at 718-392-8855.
CLICK ON ATTACHMENT to see if you are entitled to a Metro card or a yellow bus
SCHOOL LUNCH APPLICATION
EVERY STUDENT MUST FILL OUT EVERY YEAR
Children need healthy meals to learn. The Office of SchoolFood offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast is at no charge to all students and lunch costs $1.75.
Some students may be eligible for free meals. To determine if you qualify for free meals before the start of school on September 9, 2015, this summer you can complete a school meals application on line. If you apply on line you will avoid the hassle of submitting a paper form in September. You can complete on line using any computer, tablet, or smartphone with an internet connection. Simply go to: www.applyforlunch.com after July 1, 2015
Please keep in mind that families are responsible for the full price of lunch while the lunch application is being processed.
Applications submitted online are processed within 24 hours of receipt and you will receive immediate confirmation that your application was submitted. Your privacy is important to us, so all information provided on your application will be kept confidential. Federal regulations do not allow the Department of Education to share your information with any other agency.
If you have any questions, please contact The Office of SchoolFood at (877) 363-6325.
Have a safe and relaxing summer!
The Office of SchoolFood
TO REACH MARGO KELLY,
THE PARENT COORDINATOR,
or call 718-833-9363 ext 5590
Instructions for Parent Registration:
On the main page select the link on the left titled "Parent Registration"
n Complete form!
n You only need to fill in items with an asterisk.
- You will have to give your actual email address which they will then send verification to.
- Using your email address as your user name and the password that is sent to you via email, return to the main page to log in.
- “Accept” Terms and Uses.
- Proceed to next screen to change your password.
- Edit profile as desired and select “Finish”
- The next screen is to “Edit Email Alerts”
- First, select the “Select Children” link
- Then, “Add Student”
n Enter School (drop down to Dyker Heights)
n Click “Next”
- Next, select “Add Classes”
- Open the folders to locate your child’s class(es)
- Finally, select the day(s) you would like to be notifed or simply check “Only send me an update when content is changed.”
- CLICK “SAVE”!
*Please note that not all teachers actively use the website therefore all of your child’s classes may not be listed. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
NYC SCHOOLS ACCOUNT
As you know your child came home with the new passwords for NYC SCHOOLS ACCOUNT. I would like to thank you for all the positive feedback I received. Most of you were able to log on.
I do understand that some students misplaced or did not receive their passwords. On the evening of September 16th, 2015 we will be having our Meet and Greet/Grade orientations. That night you will be able to fill out a form to get a temporary password sent home with your child. (you will need to show ID)
Any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Reading Lists
Each student is expected to read two books and complete the accompanied writing task for each novel. This will be collected and graded the first week of school.
*Please note these writing assignments are NOT summaries of the books. Review the extended response question(s) prior to summer break and speak with an ELA teacher if you have any questions.*
Incoming 6th grade summer reading 2015.doc
Incoming 7th Grade Summer Reading List.docx
Incoming 8th grade summer reading 2015.doc