Below is a list of Documents that the children must submit when applying for Working Papers.
1. Original Birth Certificate (with Official Seal).
2. Note from the Doctor (Certificate of Physical Fitness- Good Health to Work.)
Social Security Card, Birth Certificate and or Valid Passport will be returned the same day the application is submitted.
Applications for Working Papers can be picked in Room 263 during AM homeroom through period 6. Mrs.Chimento will be available to process the applications ONLY during periods 3 & 4, in Room 263. Only students who will be 14 years old by June 23 can obtain working papers in school.
Any student turning 14 after June 23 can obtain working papers at a summer school site, Shallow Jr. High School, or from Mr. William Chin, 415 89th Street, Brooklyn, New York, 718-759-3944. Please call Mr. Chin to make sure he is available to process the Working Papers.
~Joanne Chimento 718-833-9363 ext. 2635
Bus DISTANCE FROM RESIDENCE TO SCHOOL.docx
For incoming 6th grade students- Bus Information
You will be able to check on this site after August 24th, 2015 (make sure you have your child's OSIS # you can get that from your elementry schools pupil accounting secretary or Parent Coordinator))
Which bus route has my child been assigned? If you know your child's student ID and birthday, you can get the answer to this and other questions on the Transportation Search Page.
If you don't know your child's student ID, call The Office of Pupil Transportation at 718-392-8855.
CLICK ON ATTACHMENT to see if you are entitled to a Metro card or a yellow bus
SEPTEMBER 8th & 9th 2015 (8:00am-2:00pm)
- Child’s birth certificate or passport as proof of age
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
- Required Proof of NYC Residence (any two of the following):*
- Utility bill (gas or electric) for the residence issued by National Grid (formerly Keyspan), Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority (for the Rockaways); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days
- Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- Current property tax bill for the residence
- Official payroll document from an employer (example: payroll receipt); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address (example: document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)); must be dated within the past 60 days
* If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit (see Chancellor’s Regulation A-101
, page 20
SCHOOL LUNCH APPLICATION
EVERY STUDENT MUST FILL OUT EVERY YEAR
Children need healthy meals to learn. The Office of SchoolFood offers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast is at no charge to all students and lunch costs $1.75.
Some students may be eligible for free meals. To determine if you qualify for free meals before the start of school on September 9, 2015, this summer you can complete a school meals application on line. If you apply on line you will avoid the hassle of submitting a paper form in September. You can complete on line using any computer, tablet, or smartphone with an internet connection. Simply go to: www.applyforlunch.com after July 1, 2015
Please keep in mind that families are responsible for the full price of lunch while the lunch application is being processed.
Applications submitted online are processed within 24 hours of receipt and you will receive immediate confirmation that your application was submitted. Your privacy is important to us, so all information provided on your application will be kept confidential. Federal regulations do not allow the Department of Education to share your information with any other agency.
If you have any questions, please contact The Office of SchoolFood at (877) 363-6325.
Have a safe and relaxing summer!
The Office of SchoolFood
Important Graduation Information:
ALL GRADUATES MUST ARRIVE AT NEW UTRECHT BY 8:00 ON THE MORNING OF Wednesday, June 24th, 2015.
The following items are PROHIBITED; students cannot carry them during the ceremony:
- Book-bags, purses, or any other bag/carrier
- Phones (or any other electronic devices)
- Flowers (wrist corsage is okay-nothing can be pinned to the gown)
All students must wear appropriate attire suitable for the significance of the occasion.
- Must wear the red tie that they were given as well as a COLLARED shirt (white looks best).
- Must wear dress pants and dress shoes.
- NO JEANS!
- NO SNEAKERS!
- No flip-flops.
- White collar must be attached to the graduation gown before graduation day.
- Wear shoes that you can walk in. (It is recommended that shoes are broken in beforehand. Practice walking with them on cement so they are not slippery.)
Graduation Gowns will be distributed Monday, June 22, 2015
2 Graduation tickets per family will be distributed Monday, June 22, 2015 during graduation rehearsal.
We do not recommend small children attend, but if they do they need a ticket.
If your child is absent, anyone on the blue cards can pick up tickets Monday, June 22 between 2:30-3:30.