Dear 8th Grade Parents/Guardians and Students:
Promotional Criteria for 8th grade students for the 2019-2020 school year is as follows:
- Students MUST pass all four major subjects: ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies.
Students must meet the above criteria in order to be promoted to high school.
Additionally, attendance at the graduation ceremony is a privilege and earned through meeting the promotional criteria and good behavior. Students may be prohibited from attending the graduation ceremony and other senior activities (i.e. dances, trips, field day, student-faculty games, etc.…) due to disciplinary issues, attendance or lateness.
Criteria for attending trips/field day/ senior activities are as follows:
- Students must have Excellent (E) or Satisfactory(S) conduct each quarter.
- No more than six (6) absences or lateness per quarter (notes for absences are considered).
- Academic success in subject areas.
- Students with poor conduct/Referrals are not permitted to attend.
Any questions, please contact our Parent Coordinator, Mrs. Kelly, at 718-833-9363 ext. 1071. Together, let us make this a successful year for all our 8th grade students.