Welcome to our High School information page
- 11/4/22 - SHSAT Registration Closes
- 11/17/22 - SHSAT
- 11/19/22 and 11/20/22 - SHSAT Weekend Testing
- 12/1/22 - High School Application Due
- Early March - High School Offers
Please be sure to check your emails daily and to have your child check the 8th grade HUB on google classroom as important information regarding the SHSAT and High School Admissions will be posted on a continuous basis as it is received.
Several high schools have new Diversity in Admissions (DIA) initiatives, and several high schools have made changes to their existing DIA initiatives. This affects which applicants to these programs are considered for offers first. The updated list and details are at schools.nyc.gov/DiversityAdmissions. Families can also use the online directory in MySchools to find programs with a DIA initiative. Click or tap the “More Filters” button and then choose “Diversity in Admissions.”
Please email Mrs. Oliveri at KDOnofrio4@schools.nyc.gov if you have any questions.
Specialized High Schools
Specialized High Schools
The eight testing Specialized High Schools: Any 8th grade or first-time 9th grade student (who lives in NYC) can participate in admissions for any/all of these schools by registering for and then taking the Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT). Register by January 15 to take the SHSAT. During SHSAT registration, families will indicate the student's Specialized High Schools preference order in MYSchools. Families can list up to all 8 testing Specialized High Schools in preference order, starting with their top choice as #1. Families will no longer submit choices on their SHSAT answer sheet. 8th grade public school students will take the SHSAT at their current school on January 27, 2021.
Any 8th grade or first-time 9th grade student (who lives in NYC) can apply to any/all of the programs at LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and the Performing Arts by registering to audition and then submitting audition materials online. Please note that the SHSAT is not used for admission to LaGuardia High School. Register to audition by the week of February 22.
Families can log into MySchools to register their child for LaGuardia High School auditions. When they do, they will indicate which programs their child will audition for. Students can audition for one or up to all six of the programs at LaGuardia High School. Visit our Specialized High Schools Page.
Auditions this winter. All high school auditions will take place virtually this year, including LaGuardia High School. To audition students will submit audition files through a new Virtual Audition Submission Tool. This tool will open in January, information will be posted once it is received. Updated requirements for audition programs will be posted in MySchools directory in the coming weeks. These will help students prepare for their virtual auditions, even before the Virtual Audition Submission Tool is open.
Schools Requiring AUDITIONS
- In order to register for Virtual Auditions, you MUST use your Department of Education email. This has been created for every New York City Public School student.
- Here is the site to find your username and reset your password.
- This email address will have the @nycstudents.net handle. You will need to enter your OSIS number and Date of Birth.
1. To access the Virtual Audition Submission Tool, open a browser and login to your NYC DOE school account.
2. Once you login to your NYC DOE account, then open a browser and enter this URL in the navigation window:https://tinyurl.com/NYCAuditions.
3. The start page for the Virtual Audition Submission Tool should appear.
4. Instructions for preparing and uploading audition files are included in this web-based Tool. If you are stuck, or if the Tool does not display after navigating to the URL above, please contact your counselor, or call the NYCDOE Call Center at (718) 935-2200 for assistance.